Article 1 definitions
In this office complaints procedure shall apply:
– complaintmeans any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client against the lawyer or under the responsibility of persons working on the creation and implementation of a contract for professional services, quality of service or the amount of the invoice, other than a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of the Advocates;
– complainant: the client or his representative which shall make a complaint;
– complaints officer, the lawyer in charge of the handling of the complaint;
Article 2 scope
2.1 This office complaints procedure is applicable to any contract between Polis Advocaten and the client.
2.2 Each lawyer of Polis Advocaten is responsible for complaints handling in accordance with the office complaints procedure.
Article 3 goals
The office complaints procedure aims to:
- establishment of a procedure to handle customer complaints within a reasonable time and in a constructive way;
- defining a procedure to determine the causes of possible complaints from clients;
- maintaining and improving existing relationships through good handling of complaints;
- staff training on responding to complaints from clients;
- improve the quality of services by complaint analysis.
Article 4 information when starting legal services
4.1 This office complaints procedure is publicly available. The lawyer addresses the procedure to the client, before entering into a contract of assignment that the agency has an office complaints procedure and that this applies to the services.
4.2 In its terms and conditions Polis Advocaten refers to an independent party or agency where clients can obtain a binding ruling, when the complaint is not resolved through the office complaints procedure.
4.3 Complaints referred to in Article 1 of this office complaint procedure that are not resolved can be submitted to the district court.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
5.1 If a client approaches the office with a complaint, the complaint is forwarded to mr. R.B. van Beem, which thus acts as a complaints officer.
5.2 The complaints officer shall inform the person against whom a complaint was filed and informs the complainant that he or she is allowed to substantiate the complaint.
5.3 The person against whom a complaint was filed attempts to find a solution, with the client and with or without the intervention of the complaints officer.
5.4 The complaints officer handles the complaint within four weeks after receipt of the complaint or notifies with reason a postponement of the period, indicating a term of judgment about the complaint.
5.5 The complaints officer will inform the complainant and the person against whom a complaint was filed, in writing, about the judgment on the merits of the complaint, whether or not including recommendations.
5.6 If the complaint has been satisfactorily dealt with, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person against whom a complaint was filed, sign the judgment.
Article 6 confidentiality and charges
6.1 The complaints officer and the person against whom a complaint was filed keep professional secrecy.
6.2 The complainant will not be charged for costs of the complaint procedure.
Article 7 responsibilities
7.1 The complaints officer is responsible for a timely handling of the complaint.
7.2 The person against whom a complaint was filed informs the complaints officer about any progress towards a possible solution.
7.3 The complaints officer keeps the complainant informed about the handling of the complaint.
7.4 The complaints officer keeps a complaint file.
Article 8 complaint registration
8.1 The complaints officer registers the complaint and the subject regarding.
8.2 A complaint can behold several subjects.
8.3 The complaints officer shall report regularly on the outcome of the procedure and present recommendations to prevent new complaints, and to improve procedures.
8.4 At least once a year the reports and recommendations will be discussed at the office and submitted for approval.